The Trusts assets are vested in 5 trustees who have been elected by the owners and appointed by the Maori Land Court. The trustees remain as trustees for their lifetimes or until they resign. It is the trustee's responsibility to manage the trusts assets in accordance with the trust Order for the benefit of all the owners.
- Investments in accordance with Trustee Act 1956.
- Investments are only placed with recognised financial institutions.
- Independent Investment Advisor(s) appointed.
- Investments reviewed annually.
- Decisions are made by majority of Trustees.
- Current condition of land to be maintained.
- Land to be fully utilised through leases where possible.
- Regular Inspections of properties.
- Future potential developments on the land to be monitored.
- Annual General Meetings of beneficial Owners will be held.
- Meetings of Beneficial owners are advertised and notices sent to shareholders who have supplied addresses.
- All beneficial Owners meetings at Tapuaeharuru Marae.
- Successions from MLC are updated annually.
The current trustees are:
Other people who have served as trustees include:
S Newton, L Hall, Marukore Hohepa, D Whata, Joe Malcolm, Hautahi Kameta, Jack Brady, Matt Hohepa, Tai Whata, Rerewa Meha, Riki Whata, Wira Gardiner, Te Ponui Raharuhi, Ruka Hughes, David Gardiner, Mana Malcolm and Grace Malcolm, Morris Meha, Donna Grant, Esmae Sinclair and Pat Isherwood.
Secretary and trust advisers
Secretary and Trust Advisers
The Trusts first secretary from 1981- 1983 was W Vercoe . Keith Hinton was secretary until 1985 when Murray Patchell was appointed. Martin Kinder is the current Secretary for the Trust.
The trustees employ advisers to assist them from time to time in various specialist areas. They are: Accountants (Deloitte, Rotorua), Property Management (Deloitte Rotorua), Solicitors (Graeme Dennett, Dennetts), Valuer (Dave Townsend, Townsend & Associates, and Investment Advisers (Spicers Portfolio Management).
- Trustees meet monthly on first Monday.
- Trustees meetings are held in the Secretary's Boardroom, Pukeroa Oruawhata House, 2/1176 Amohau St Rotorua.
- Bank Account signing officers to be any Trustee plus Secretary.
- Trustees appoint a Secretary to handle day-to-day matters.
- Chairman of the Trust is appointed by Trustees and rotates annually.